Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving

Hey it has been a pretty good week. I am more settled and feel more relaxed. So far I haven't been bit yet by the bedbugs.  I hope it stays that way. I've been actually very very clean. I haven't left any clothes on the ground or I haven't left dishes when I saw how dumpy it was when I arrived.   I guess I just wanted to stay really clean. It snowed here a little bit as well.  Its been really cold walking In it all day and my companion isn't a big fan of it because he's from Arizona.  Anyway, my companion and I have a lot in common.  He loves sports, basketball,football (especially BYU), and  his dad is an engineer and went to BYU, and he was born in Payson which is pretty much in Provo while his dad was at BYU like me.

It was a pretty good Thanksgiving.  We had a turkey bowl with all the elders in the zone in the snow and freezing cold wind.  It was miserable but fun. After that we played some basketball and dodgeball for awhile. Then when we got back home we played more basketball so I was way sore the next morning. We ate dinner at a members house in the Ensign Peak Ward.  They had a big fancy house with an amazing view of the salt lake valley. It was a delicious meal and they are super nice.

The Jazz stadium is in my area too, so we pass it quite a bit and temple square. The lights are really cool. We walk past it often, but we haven't gone in yet.   I think we can teach lessons there and take people so we will probably go a few times.

Oh yeah yesterday we met a pretty cool person. Me and Elder Vause were in the chapel before sacrament meeting started and a guy walked past and said "hi" to us and then kept walking in through the hallway, and we said "hi" back and didn't think anything of it. Then a couple seconds
later we were like wait was that.... Then a few minutes later a guy came up to us and said he just shook hands with elder Quentin L. Cook!  It was him, and that was his home ward but they say he comes like every 6 months because he's always across the country or doing different things. Anyway, he sat up on the stand then he gave a testimony. He said "If I could add anything to what has been said, I would say to strengthen your faith in Jesus Christ."  He bore a strong testimony of Him and said "I am His witness. I know His voice and I know His face."  It was really good. The spirit there was very very strong.  It was awesome to hear him speak. Afterwards we got to say hi again
and shake his hand.  He seems like a really nice guy it was really cool.  Then the week before this we met Senator Hatch and he had body guards at every doorway in the chapel.  It was so cool.

Well yeah I'm still doing good and love meeting and talking with the people here. It's a great place. Things are kind of slow as far as teaching but we are working hard to find people. Things will start to
pick up. I'm enjoying it here and am happy! Can't wait to here from you next week and to hear how the cousin party goes. Oh and I guess everything you send to the mission office even letters. Alright well see ya thanks for all you do for me.
Elder Cannon

P.S.
A  lot of people have asked if we are related to the
Salt Lake Cannons.  It's a pretty famous name down here I guess and in the church.
Also in the stake center here Angus Cannon's picture is in it.  I guess
he was a stake president there and for almost 30 years it was cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment