Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

My first slammed door

That is good to hear that you are all doing well. That has got to be
fun having everyone home for Christmas. How did they both do on their
finals? I like hearing all the things you guys are up to and working
on. It has been weird not being home with all the Christmas stuff
going on. I didn't realize how much I miss just doing the simple
things during Christmas time, but I'm really doing good and couldn't
be happier.

Things are going good, and there is a lot of Christmas excitement
around. Nothing too new happened here. We did get another new
investigator that seems really nice, and we are meeting him tomorrow,
so that is exciting. Also at church yesterday a lady was
storming down the hallway yelling that we are racist and swearing like
crazy over and over! She luckily did walk out, but it was kind of an
insane incident ha. Talking about that I also had my first rejection
we knocked on the wrong door and this guy answered and said "oh
brethren I have had a gut full of your crap" and slammed the door
before we could say a thing it was crazy. I felt bad, but I didn't
take it personally. It was just something to laugh about and write in
the journal.

I got your package thanks for that. I haven't opened the presents yet
but loved all the food thank you. We had a multi zone Christmas party
that was pretty much all day. There was a fireside, music, skits, we
had lunch, played games, and at the end picked up our packages.  It was
a pretty fun day. I have a picture of our district at the party that I
will send you, also the one from the temple. Oh and we saw Elder Quentin L. Cook
again just sitting out in the hallway.  It was pretty cool. You never
know who you will see. Other than that everything is pretty much the
same. I really am enjoying it, and love serving these people. That's
my favorite part is meeting all these new people.  There are some great
ones here. I wish I didn't have to leave this area so soon, but it'll
be all good. I am excited to meet new people wherever it is that I go.

Oh yeah so for the call on Christmas is suppose to be 40 minutes, and
I'm not sure on the time exactly, but it'll most likely be late
morning early afternoon. I will email you before and let you know.
Also I was going to send the watch today but there wasn't enough time
so I'll do that next week probably.
Thanks for all you've done, and for the Christmas package I hope you
all have fun! I'll talk to you on Christmas bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment