Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Monday, December 14, 2015

Stake Conference

Hey things are going pretty good! We finally did teach one of the investigators yesterday. The other guy we met at the ward party never did answer our calls- it was too bad. Yeah I've seen him (the mission president) quite a bit. We had a few meetings last week for all the trainers and people getting trained,and he did the training.  It was good. Also we had interviews last week with him. I was doing good and didn't really have anything bothering me so it was only 10 minutes, and they are suppose to be 20, but I didn't mind. I found some things out though. After this transfer I have to go to a different area in the mission and have a new companion. That's the rule I guess, to see how I handle a different setup. It kind of stinks because I'm just getting use to it here, but oh well. Also he's not sure if I will have to come home in between because I've been endowed.  It still not a sure thing what's going to happen. Then I guess there is sister that also has selective mutism, and this is her 2nd transfer, and she just got her call to Canada so that was good.

We also got to have a temple day on Thursday. Our zone all went to the temple it was so good, and that temple is huge. We took a picture, but I haven't got it yet, so I'll send it when I do.

This week has been actually really slow. We did finally meet with a new investigator last night at temple square. We had a really good visit and got to know her a little better. The main thing that's
holding her back is that she's living with her boyfriend, and not sure if marriage is something they want right now. It's kind of frustrating, but we are just doing what we can. She said she also
struggles with prayer and reading, like knowing if it really works. I did share about prayer and how I couldn't be out here without it talking and a little bit oh my story, also I shared a scripture and
how it helped me one time. It was a good visit and the Spirit was there. She said she felt inspired, we gave her a section in the Book of Mormon to study and pray about, and we are meeting with her again this week. So that was pretty exciting.

Yesterday I got the opportunity again to hear from an apostle Elder Ballard! Our stake had a special stake conference.  We heard from our stake president first, then the Salt Lake City temple president Samuelson, and last from Elder Ballard. It was all really really good. Elder Ballard especially was very strong. He said this Christmas time spend some time in Gethsemane with Christ. Be there with Him, and try to comprehend all that He has done for you. Then to think of what we could giveback to Him. What would put a smile on our Saviors face?  He said the greatest gift we could give Him, after all He's done for us, is to bring a soul unto Him. He challenged everyone to find someone that's struggling between  now and Christmas and to bring them to Christ. He said you never are too old or too tired to share the gospel, and if you are then, "get over it".  It was pretty intense ha. It was a really good talk though. So I challenge you guys to find the family or person that is struggling, and reach out and love them and bring them to Christ. It is the least we could do for Him.

It's good to be here and everything is going good. I am enjoying it here, and it's really flying by! I sometimes get scared to share my testimony and speak up, but I try to remind myself that my time here is short and I shouldn't hold back what I came to give. I want to leave it all out here and do my part. I can't wait to here from you next week bye, and merry Christmas.
Elder cannon

P.S.   A member took us onto the roof of a high rise and this was the view. It was amazing. Our apartment would just be out of this picture. It is left from the Capitol building.

No comments:

Post a Comment