Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Monday, January 4, 2016

New area

Oh wow that sounds like you guys have had a crazy Insane week!! More
exciting than mine -ha!  Well transfers were Wednesday and man it's been crazy. My companion is Elder Picard and he is from Starkville, Mississippi and he's been out for 6 months. He is a really nice guy, and is funny and easy to get along with. He loves hunting and fishing just like I do, so it's been really easy to get along with him and have a good time talking.  Oh yeah and I thought my last apartment was messy-holy cow you should've seen this one! It was a pig sty!  We got it mostly all cleaned up now so that's good.
      It has definitely been tougher to do work with how little we know. We just have been walking like crazy, and knocking doors trying to get to know investigators and people the sisters were teaching. The liberty stake here, also just had boundary change ups and had to combine wards, because there wasn't enough people in each ward for positions.  Salt Lake City really doesn't have very many members here. Someone told us that only 30 percent of the people In the stake boundaries are members, and that only 1/3 of those are active members. So about 10% of the people here in this stake are active church goers, that's pretty crazy for Utah.   I had no idea it was this bad. It makes for lots of work for us though! It's awesome! I have already met lots of really great people, and I know this is where I need to be. This has already been a great experience starting new with someone in a new area, and I can tell I have already changed a lot since I first left. People that have asked like why I'm in Utah, or why I'm just here for 3 months, and tell them about my selective mutism always say they have no clue.  They say I seem perfectly normal, and would have no idea that I'm even shy, so that's been great to hear.   This has been so great, and I'm really excited to see where I'll be next.  Thanks for all the prayers that you have for me.  It is helping a lot.  I hope things settle down a little bit in the Cannon household.   I'll talk to you next week bye.




No comments:

Post a Comment