Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Monday, January 25, 2016

Two Weeks Left

Hey how is it going? It sounds like things are still going good. Things here are still moving quickly. We have a baptism this Saturday and then one the week after that too. They will be the first baptisms that I have been apart of, and I am really excited for both of them. They both understand very well why we get baptized and where they want to end up. Both of their goals is the temple. They want to be with their families forever. There isn't much better of a feeling than seeing people have the temple be their goal. We haven't even had to teach them they were both ready and are super excited. The baptism this Saturday is for a lady named Monica, and I am the one who gets to baptize her. It is pretty exciting, and I am just really happy for her. She has made some big time sacrifices to get to this. Last week we taught her about tithing and it was hard to teach. I knew that they struggle and that she has a baby living at the hospital. Her budget is very tight. Anyways we taught her the lesson showed her a video, and she said that she knew that she needed to do it. She is such a great example of trusting in the lord. Then the baptism for next Saturday is for a guy named Steven. He is what people sometimes call the "golden investigator". He is just really prepared, and in tune with the spirit. We had a lesson last week and he was saying he would do anything to be married in the temple for eternity and to be with his family. Both of these people are just ready. The lord has prepared them, and all we did is help it click and they were ready. It has been such a great experience just to watch them come closer to Christ, and realize what they really truly want.

Well I got the evaluations the other day, and it should be about a week now until I know where I am heading. The last sister who had selective mutism got to skype home opening the call, so I might be doing the same thing. She went home though for a few days and had to go to the mtc. I don't want to do that if it is possible. Hopefully I just get sent off from here, and not have to worry about it. We will see what happens I guess whatever it is it'll be fine. I'm really excited to see where I am heading!

It is weird to think I just have 2 more weeks here, and then I'll be gone. I have really enjoyed my time here, and it'll be nice when I get home being so close to see the people down here. Seeing people make changes in their lives, and coming to Christ is such a great feeling. Watching Monica and Steven want so badly to be baptized so that they can go to the temple someday is priceless. It makes being out here all worth it it's so amazing! I'm doing good, and working hard. We have a lot of work, and I love doing it. I'll talk to you next week and I may have my call by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment