Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 2 in the Cannon Zone

Well this second week in the Cannon zone has been pretty crazy again. We had exchanges on Wednesday, and man that was quite the experience to say the least.  So my companion went with the district leader, and I got his companion with me. I had to lead out find all the people's addresses, take the lead in introducing ourselves, and set up appointments. It was a very good experience for me, and I really wasn't stressed.  It was really a great experience.  Also this week we have got 2 people on date to get baptized!! It was the greatest feeling to have them say yes. The first lady has a couple kids, and she's a single mom. Her ex husband abused her, and was very controlling. She has 4 kids, and one of them has Down's syndrome living in the hospital on a respirator. He has been there his whole life 16 months, it's so sad. She has to work too, and really struggles.   Anyway,  so me and my companion were doing weekly planning and going through each person talking about them, and what are plans are for each of them. We came across her and read her description. She wants to be baptized, but felt like she doesn't know enough yet. I found the video "you know enough." We showed that to her, and it hit her like a rock. She started to cry, then my companion asked her to be baptized and she said yes!  It was one of the happiest moments I've felt on mission. It was such a neat experience.
     There was also this little girl that was super excited to hear from us. We taught her the lesson, and asked her to be baptized and she was very excited and said yes! So did her little brother that was 7 ha,
just one more year and he can. It was a great week, and we feel like the walking all day knocking on people's doors for the last week is finally paying off. I made a comment the other day saying that this is like a hunt you walk and walk, and when you finally get someone to teach or get baptized it'll make it even more enjoyable and worth the walk ha. This is a great area and I'm really enjoying serving here. It is pretty sketchy and we see all sorts of weird things every day, but I love it.  Things are great and I'm loving it. I blessed the sacrament yesterday for the first time, helped teach gospel principles, and said a prayer in sacrament meeting. I am changing a lot. I am not anywhere near perfect or where I want to be, but I try my best, keep praying, and compared to where I was it's pretty miraculous. I hope all keeps going well back home. I'll talk to you next week bye.
Elder Picard and Elder Cannon


No comments:

Post a Comment