Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Monday, February 1, 2016

Oh Wow! What a Week!

Oh wow what a week! This has been without a doubt the craziest week I have had as a missionary so far. I am excited for North Carolina.  The weather was in the 60's- I am ready for that!! I'm excited to get out of Utah and help the people down there. That's cool I've got most of the stuff. I will probably need another pair of shoes too.  They are starting to wear down.

We had Monica's baptism this week, and it was really good. The water was just above my knees though, so it was kind of a struggle, but it was just one and done. It was a great baptism, and it was such a happy moment to see her following Christ. She also got confirmed yesterday, and that was very powerful as well. She is an awesome lady, and her little boy the other day said he wants to go on a mission. Her kids are really cute.

Then was my highlight of the week(not)--the talk I had in sacrament meeting. I was pretty stressed, and I don't think it went very well, but I got through it fine and took 10 minutes so that was good enough for me. I didn't say anything about why I am only here temporarily, but our ward mission leader did. He said you all just witnessed a miracle today.  This was Elder Cannon's first time speaking in church like this today. He kind of told my story a little bit about the selective mutism, and people after said they had no idea at all, and that I talked really well. The people here are really nice, and I know that it wasn't all that good, but these were nice people. It did feel pretty cool to go up and talk.  Its such a weird feeling! It was a really good experience though, and it is amazing how far I have progressed.

Well this is my last week in Salt Lake.  I will for sure make the most of it. We have another baptism this Saturday, and we have picked up some new investigators who are progressing well. There's a lot of work going on. I will definitely miss it here. I'll talk to you next week and then see you a few days after that bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment