Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Monday, May 16, 2016

Gas Station Miracle

Hey! Oh yeah that picture is the Blalocks they had us over for dinner after church.



They are really nice. This ward is full of some really nice people. That sounds like you had a pretty fun week! How were the missionaries over for dinner?

Well this week has been going pretty good! We have been working hard, and things are starting to really pick up. We had a pretty crazy miracle story this week. There is a pretty sketchy gas station down the road from our apartment that we use to get gas, and snacks sometimes. Anyways every time we went in,  there is this same Indian man working every time. For some reason something just stood out about him.  He had a light in his eye. One day I felt like giving him a restoration pamphlet, and before we went in I underlined the second sentence that said "he knows you personally and loves you more than you can comprehend." I have never done that, and it just happened without thinking. We went in and as I was buying something I just pulled it out and offered it to him he was a little shy but took it and said thank you. We tried a few other times to see him but he wasn't there or he was busy. Then on Saturday we stopped in, and he was there! We got up to the front desk to buy some snacks, and he pointed at me and said "that book you gave me I read it!"  We were a little shocked and said oh yeah how was it? He said, "I felt spirit," and put his hand up to his chest with teary eyes. It was an amazing moment. We came back that night to give him another pamphlet, and he sure seemed excited about it. He works a ton so he said he would call us when he's off, but man we are really excited bout him.  His name is Olm. The spirit is sure a key in this work. I would've never even dreamed of doing anything like this back home- ha. It wasn't even a second thought of knowing there was something about this man. Hopefully I have more of an update on him next week.

Then the Earls are still doing well. Sister Earl is having her hip replacement surgery this Thursday, so that'll be a lengthy recovery. We are going to drop off some flowers or a card to her afterwards, they are a sweet family. The Evans are doing great still too, and came to church again. We have a lot of new people coming up as well, and we are cranking.  I love it! The teaching pool is starting to expand. Things are going great and I am happy to be here!! I keep on working on being just a little better, and stretching more and more.   I love that we can just keep on trying over and over. That's what the gospel is about changing. Thanks for everything -see ya.
Elder cannon


Here are some more photos of the beautiful area.  Its not every day you have a peacock in the church parking lot.





No comments:

Post a Comment