Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Lots of Rain

Hey! This week has been going pretty good!

This week we were able to go and see Olm. He still is very excited to see us each time we go in the gas station. He told us that he is from Nepal, and was a journalist for a tv crew for 15 years. I am not sure how he made it to the sketchiest gas station in Morganton, but we are excited to work with him. He speaks Nepalese so he said that it has been hard for him to understand the Book of Mormon, but he has been trying to read. We looked up if they had the Book of Mormon in that language, and they actually don't have that translation yet. That'll be a little tough for him, but it'll work out. It is pretty exciting! Maybe I'll be like George q. Cannon and help translate the Book of Mormon into a different language ha.
The Earls are still doing good. They moved their date up to the 23rd of July because that is when their daughter is coming. We are excited for them. Then the Evans are still doing good, and have been  really consistent with coming to church, and are making some good friendships in the ward. This ward is really great at helping people feel welcome, and fellowshipping. It is really important.
Oh yeah I found out that I have to speak this week in sacrament meeting. I am not too pumped for that, but it'll be good and will be able to help a lot. It is suppose to be 10 to 15 minutes so that means 10 minutes on the dot ha. Someday hopefully I'll enjoy it.
Well things are still going really great, and I am enjoying it more and more. I really love the people of the south they are good people. I love serving, and teaching. It is also starting to get really warm, and humid, but pretty much every single day it ends up raining. It is some crazy weather! And the fireflies are starting to kick right now.  They are amazing!
It sounds like there is a lot happening at home as usual. The summer always seems to be really crazy! Well I'll talk to you next week see ya--Elder Cannon

This is our district.  It's the biggest one in the mission.  P.S.  My companion cut my hair and that is why its buzzed.

No comments:

Post a Comment