Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Monday, August 22, 2016

Transfers

Hey!!
Well it has been quite the week! There is finally a change happening after 4 and a half months. Elder Jackson is going to be leaving and going to Lewisville, and my new companion is going to be Elder Wagstaff. I am pretty nervous, but also very excited!! It'll be good to have a change as well. All I have heard is he is a good fun missionary, and very bold and outgoing.  It should be good for me ha! I don't like changing, but I know that there's a good reason for it, and I am excited to see what happens here!

Well it has been a good week! The Evans are on fire! They will be be a great addition to this ward, and they are ready to serve! Oh also Art Earl received the priesthood, and was able to go bless the sacrament with his son Dennis. It was amazing! He also gave his first talk in sacrament meeting. He bore his testimony of how he knew this was the true church. He started to cry really hard, as he read the poem about footsteps in the sand. He has had a crazy rough past, and has a strong faith in God and Jesus Christ because they helped him through his struggles. and he brought everyone to tears. That really was another one of the most powerful moments I've been apart of. He did amazing!!
We talked to Om and he is still just trying to get his family with him from Nepal. He works a ton, and isn't quite ready for the gospel with all that is going on. We keep seeing him though, and see how he is doing. He will come to it though when he's in the right state to do it. The Watts have been busy and sick so we haven't met with them this week. We still feel really great about them though, and they will probably be baptized this upcoming week, or October! Also the yw lessons will be going again once school starts. There is still a lot of work to be done, and it is exciting to see all that will happen from it! This will be a good transfer!!

Well I still feel really great and am happy! This should be a pretty crazy week, but it'll work out! I really am excited to see all that will happen here in Morganton. I love these people here, and I'm really glad to get to stay for another transfer and help them. That'll be the tougher change when I have to leave. Well I hope you have a great week and that everything works out.  see ya!
Elder Cannon



No comments:

Post a Comment