Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hurricane Matthew

Hey hey hey!

The first week has been pretty good! My companions name is Elder Marsh, and he is from Las Vegas Nevada. He has 3 more months left on his mission.  He is a good guy. He is older because he actually is a convert to the church, and is the only member in his family. He has a strong testimony! He is  pretty quiet as well, so we are pretty similar. Well I guess the Andy Griffith show wasn't actually filmed here, but it's where he grew up, and the inspiration for the town Mayberry I think? It's a really nice little city though, it's not too big and it's in pretty good shape. So far I really love it!  It was hard to leave, I didn't realize how close I was with everyone until I left, and it's a little tough after you get to know people for so long. But it's all good though I'm happy to be here and love it so far! The members have been really great and welcoming! It's just a really nice friendly place.   I'm excited to be here! The work is slower than it is in Morganton quite a bit. That was kind of weird too, because it feels like I'm taking a couple of steps back, but there is still good stuff happening, and there is a lot of amazing potential here! It's gonna be really good I can tell! The gospel will change people! Anyways I'm doing really good still! It is weird, but I'm way happy!! I really know this is where I need to be right now, and that miracles will happen. I'm pretty pumped about it! Here is my new address:  219 Worth Street Mount Airy, NC 27030-4757

Oh yeah and we did get hit with some of that hurricane. I was in Winston Salem on an exchange when it hit here, and it was bad! I also had to drive in it ha, and Winston is a pretty big city! It was
stressful but I survived ha! I still am converted to just living in a small place! It was really windy, and had a lot of rain it was crazy! I heard it's been a bad one and killed lots of people. They were asking for volunteers in the ward for people who could go down and help with all the damage.

Well I hope you have a great week and a happy birthday! I'm sure dad will get something interesting as usual. Thanks though for all that you have done for me. That has been a big eye opener for me is realizing how good I had it, and how much you and dad taught me. Thanks for everything that you do! Take care!
I found this picture on facebook of Maddy's baptism.

This was the first dinner in Mount Airy. It is on Facebook but it's not on my timeline, so I thought I'd send it to y'all. There are a lot of really great people here!


The next few pictures are when I went on splits in Tennessee.  It is beautiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment