Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Mission President Interviews

Hello hello! Things are going great! The weather really isn't that bad compared to Utah! It feels like the fall still, but it's really nice I love it. It sounds like you have had a very eventful week! It sounds like it is really nice at cannon beach this time of year. That is also very exciting about Austin (Robinette) and Carlee!!
Well we had interviews with the mission president this week, and those are always really good. President Alexander is an amazing guy, and I sure do look up to him. We had a really positive visit though, and you always feel better afterwards. He said a couple things that have still stuck with me. He always expresses how much he and sister Alexander love me, and how proud they are. I can feel that he really means that too. He said he feels I am one of the true miracles of this mission. And he said pretty boldly, "you cannot go back to how you were Elder Cannon! You cannot do it!" I was nodding my head and smiling and said I sure won't. And he said, "And I know that you won't." And he said that last part with a big smile. And I sure won't either. I can't go back it just can't happen. He also said to prepare for opportunities of service that will make you stretch and grow more. I don't know what he or God has in plan, but I am ready and striving to be better and keep stretching. I have come a long ways, but there's a lot farther to go. He also said how I have a subtle and quiet conviction about me that is strong, and that he can feel. It's amazing how personal his advice is and the personal love he has for each of his missionaries. He is a great guy!
We didn't get to meet with Judy again she is still sick, but we have her number so we call her every few days and check up on her I think she enjoys that. I'll keep you updated on her. It's still a little slow here, but it'll pick up. The Christmas initiative helps to contact and get people excited! Success is around the corner I feel. We are working hard. Another thing that's always a good reminder too. Is no matter how hard you work it won't mean anything. He has to be involved. This is His work. If we aren't doing this by the spirit and praying for guidance it's just us out here alone. There needs to be a good combo.

Yeah well I'm still feeling pretty good and doing well! As usual I say this probably every single time but I love the gospel and these people out here. It doesn't really matter where you serve if you are striving to help people you will love them and see the good. There's good in everyone! Even the worst of the worst have tons of good!
Thanks for all that you do I will talk to you next week take care! Elder Cannon
President and Sister Alexander took us out to lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment