Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Monday, March 20, 2017

Interview with Elder Zeballos of the Seventy

Hello hello!!
Well it has been quite the week to say the least. Elder Zeballos came on Thursday to speak with us, and that was a great experience! Him and his wife both spoke to us, and gave good trainings. Then after the meeting President Alexander chose a couple of missionaries to interview with Elder Zeballos and I was one of them! I was a little nervous about it, but that was amazing to talk with him! We talked for about 10 or so minutes and he just asked me about myself, and how long I've been out, where I see myself in 5 years. We had a good visit. I talked with him a little bit about the talking thing and he said he would've never known either. Anyways that was a really good experience to talk with him! His counsel to me was to love. To do things with the right intent and the right Purpose. Then to finish strong the last 8 months of my mission. He is a good guy!
Image result for elder zeballos lds
Oh yeah so I talked to Rusty Evans a little bit the other week, and he said he and his family are still doing well. He did mention that there have been times where he feels very out of place at church, which I'm sure is a normal feeling especially for new converts making the adjustment. I sent him a link to some new videos that deal with people feeling out of place at church.  I hope that helped. I also got an email from back from the Earls and they said that they are doing great! They are going through a temple prep class right now and seem to be happy!
The work is going well and we are seeing some great things happening! We met a man named Jason on Saturday.  We taught him that day and set a return appointment for yesterday.  After those 2 lessons we invited him to be baptized and he accepted for the 15th of May. He has a long ways to go, but has the desire to be happy again and clean. He wants to change his life. It is a good time here in Mount Airy. There is another new Hispanic family that the other missionaries here  are working with. It is a family of 5. It is an exciting time! And we are working hard!
It has been a tough week again for my companion. It has gotten progressively worse but we are getting a lot of help from people and hopefully things start getting better. It has been a good week though!
That looks like a fun weekend! I'm glad the weather has warmed up thanks for all you do!
Love, Elder Cannon



P.S.  Letter to his dad:
Hey hey!
Things are going well and I'm doing great! It's pretty amazing to think I've been in Mount Airy for about 6 months now. The time has flown by here for sure!
I love what you are saying about the Book of Mormon. That's one of the things that I treasure is being able to have such a connection with it. It makes the day easier to handle after reading, and I don't know how many times the spirit has impacted me when reading. I love it.
It sounds like things are going well in Elwood! That is very exciting about the new family that came to church! Keep me updated on how they do! Also I sent more detail in the email to mom so you can read that, but things are going well and I love being a missionary! It hasn't always been the easiest but it's not really that bad! I am changing and becoming so much more blessed than I deserve! And seeing others happy and wanting to improve and repent, and then seeing them do it is an amazing feeling. I'm happy!

Thanks for all you do!
Elder Cannon
This was from Jenny's baptism a few weeks ago
This was on st. Patrick's day we went over to Quincys and had a little pizza party. He lives on his own and gets pretty lonely and loves it when we come. He is a great guy

No comments:

Post a Comment