Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Monday, May 1, 2017

Probably last week in Mount Airy

Hello!!
Yeah it's been either raining or way hot. Its raining way hard right now! But It's also getting up into the 80s and is way humid. I don't think I'm ready for another summer here.  It gets bad. It's already getting to the point where you have to shower mid day as well. But I just have to endure one more summer ha.
I'm doing pretty good! We had a good week on the bikes! We were able to talk to some people, and found a new guy named drew who was interested in learning more. There are a lot of people out there everywhere who want it, and don't even know it. If they took the time to really listen to what is being said most people would like it out here. The hard part is the listening. The work here over the last 7 months has been kinda slow overall, but it's been great! And I have seen many miracles with many people. I would not trade this for anything else. There have been a lot of things I have felt that will stick with me. With some of the blessings we've given people, to comments in a lesson, to teaching a lesson, and being with certain companions. I have felt the spirit in a lot more abundance because I'm recognizing it more, and feeling how it works with me. I love to feel it.

Well this may very well be my last week in Mount Airy. I have made a lot of great friendships out here. They are people I'll never forget  and will try to stay in contact with them for awhile.  I am hoping for the best, but I think I'll probably get transferred on this one. It will be a tough adjustment,  but it'll work out fine! This should be my last time getting transferred I hope!

Also that is really exciting to hear about the Rodriguez family! There isn't much of a Better feeling I have felt than seeing a family baptized.  It'll be great when they get to go to the temple! Well I hope you have a great week! I'm doing great and am happy being here serving God. I love to share my personal testimony and to feel I'm helping God in any way. That is an amazing feeling! Take care! Elder Cannon

P.S.  So we went with Jeff to the country club golf course next to his house.  He said there were a ton of fish and he said no one will care.  We ran into some of the workers and Jeff asked if it would be ok if his Utah Missionaries fished in their pond, and they actually said yes.  It surprised me, ha.  So we went fishing down there but didn't land any.  I had a fish on for a few seconds.  It was pretty fun though!  The last picture is from a local pond and we talked with some of the fishers there.  It was really pretty!!



No comments:

Post a Comment