Salt Lake City Temple

Salt Lake City Temple

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

It's great being in a branch

Hey!! This week has been pretty good! Oh yeah we were both really glad to stay for one more. It'll be Elder Hursts last transfer so I will probably stay here until I go home as well. This should be a great
transfer! Ha yeah I wish I could take the credit for the one who actually reeled them in, but no one has to know;)
Well this week went by way fast it was kind of a blur in my head! We worked hard and saw a lot of great things happen! We are still working with the pestanas and they are planning a temple trip. It would be so great for them to all go down together and do baptisms for the dead! They are an amazing family!
We have been working with a kid Dustin who wants to be baptized but can't because of his family situation. His mom won't let him, but he keeps meeting with us secretly. He will be moving to college in a couple weeks, and plans to be baptized there. He is great!! Other than that we just have been working and finding some people. I will update you if someone starts progressing. It is going really well though and I love being here, being a missionary!
 It is great being in a branch we usually have to bless the sacrament or teach a class. It's great experience! I love these sweet people here. On Sunday someone's water line broke so we got to dress down and dig a hole so they could fix it. There's a lot of older people here so it's hard for them to do stuff like that, but it was fun and all around you feel good afterwards! I'm doing great though and am loving serving these people!
I hope you have another great week! That is true about how important the family is. That's one of the greatest lessons I'm learning out here. Is that family is the most important, and it is being attacked.
It's sad to watch, but I'm grateful for y'all and the opportunity we have to have the gospel apart of it. It's the only way we can be eternally happy. Anyways I hope all is well! Take Care!
Elder Cannon

P.S.  We just got a letter from Jacob's Mission President--he was called to be District Leader this transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment